Help with planters fasciitis pain

Q: I was diagnosed with planters fasciitis 2 weeks ago, I have been suffering from it for 2 and a half years. I have been going to physiotherapy and the pain is getting much worse. I now can't put any pressure at all on my heel. Is this normal?

Symptoms:  Can't put any pressure on left heel

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that the physiotherapy treatment that you are undergoing is actually causing you pain. We recommend that you instruct your physiotherapist regarding the fact that your pain has increased so your treatment can be adjusted or stopped. You may need to go back to your doctor to have your feet reevaluated to determine if you require any pain medication to assist with this pain. You may also benefit by having orthotic insoles designed to take pressure off the plantar fascia.

Thank you for consulting