Help with the rigevidon pill

Patient

Q: I started the rigevidon pill around two weeks ago after being informed from my doctor that I could start any time. But after doing research I found out that you're meant to start on the first day of your period. Are there any problems with the fact I started the pill when I wasn't on my period?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query
It is advisable to start taking the birth control pill from day 1 or latest by day 5 of the menstrual cycle and should be taken till day 25 of the menstrual cycle. If taken regularly they provide contraception up to 99.9%. If you have shifted from another form of contraception to this, then the pill should taken as per the schedule at the same time from next day itself. If the pill was not started on the day one of the period then extra mode of contraception like a latex condom etc; has to be used at least for the first 7 days from the start of the pill.
Hope that answers your query .Have a good day.