Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Helping concieving pls

Helping concieving pls

Patient: I was on crisanta for 2 years to avoid pregnancy. Did two times abortion prior taking crisanta.Now I want to conciev. trying from June 2014. I have missed my periods,but the home pregnancy test shows negative results. After what time I can concieve. Any help…

Symptoms: Missed periods, some movements in stomach, white milky disc harge.
Note: I dont have regular periods 38-40 cycle.

Doctor: Hello,If you have been on hormonal control for 2 years to avoid pregnancy and now have been off contraception since j une , then ideally you should be trying for atleast a period of 1 year naturally before any infertility treatment should be started for you. But in case your menses have been irregular and you have been trying to conceive ardently then you may visit your physician for a complete infertility work up which would include a sperm analysis for your husband, USG pelvis , HSG to look for blocked tubes and hormonal profile to look for nay hormonal deficiencies. Accordingly you can be advised and treated and may be asked to get a follicular monitoring done to look for follicular development during the cycle. If any discrepancy is detected then you may be given ovulation drugs for ovulation.You need to visit your physician to discuss the options in detail and take an informed decision.I hope i have answered your query,regards