Hematocolpus and genital tract outflow obstruction

Patient

Q: My periods have been off since i started but now lately the blood is not coming out im bleeding inside but its not travling out why would that be?

Doctor

A:   I do understand your concern. A proper genital tract outflow is important for the expulsion of normal secretions from the cervix and vagina. However in some cases, the vagina gets filled with menstrual blood because of an imperforate hymen, this condition is known as hematocolpos. I would advise that you see your doctor for a physical examination. Hematocolpos can be treated with repair of the hymen.