Hematology/Cardiology assistance

Q: I am a 39 year old Caucasian female. Social drinker, non-smoker, 5 to 10 lbs overweight at most. I have had high BP for 5 years, had a TIA in 11/2013, a miscarriage in 2012 and a miscarriage in 2014. Labs came back with high HGB, high HCT, high RBC, and high total protein. BP was 158/110. Any thoughts or suggestions? I feel tired and mentally foggy a lot, but have been a successful medical rep for 16 years.

Symptoms:  High BP, high hgb, high rbc, high hct, high total protein, 1 TIA, 2 miscarriages

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD. Recurrent abortions, TIA, suggest the possibility of autoimmune and connective tissue disorders. Elevated Hb and HCT can be found in that also. Consult your physician and get evaluated in this view also. If you are on antihypertensive medication, needs to be optimized to control you blood pressure. Keep your weight in control as it add up to your existing disease and lead to complications. Have a nice day.