Hematoma on right buttocks

Patient : January 2014 - my husband and I were on a cruise to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary. The first night I fell hard and experienced a spinal compression. The cruise was ruined - I had to visit Sick-Bay everyday to get injections for some pain relief for my back. I was in a wheel chair the remainder of the cruise and never left the ship. The day I returned home, Indianapolis, IN, my daughter took me at 6am to the ER - where I was given an injection of morphine. The MOST WONDERFUL DRUG EVER. Then I had x-rays done that confirmed that I had a spinal compression. I developed a HUGH hematoma on my right buttocks. The spine doctor said he would not touch me with a ten foot pole - until the hematoma reduced. After 9 months the hematoma reduced enough that I was able to receive two spinal injections - which pretty much relieved my pain. However - I still have a large hematoma on my right buttock. What should I do?
Symptoms:  Large hematoma on my right buttocks.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Hematomas generally resolve by self. Nothing much nee ds to be done. There is an occasional chance of infection and if so you will notice redness, pain and increased swelling and in that case you will require some antibiotic course. Otherwise nothing much to worry about. Hope this helps, Wish you a good health.