Hermaphroditism and or Hermaphrodites Genetalia


Q: Hermaphroditism.
I was wondering if it wouls be possible for a person to completely, outwardly, look like they are completely one sex but have a growth in their vagina that was a penis. I outwardly appear as a female in every way but recently I have been experimenting sexually and found something odd in my vagina. I noted that when I wasn't aroused it was further back in my vagina but when I am aroused it was further to the front of my vagina. To me it feels like the head of a small penis (about in inch around and maybe a little over an inch long when aroused) I was wondering if it was possible that I am a Hermaphrodite or should I be worried of something else actually serious to my health?


A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...

Q: I have had clear discharge from my penis for about two months it started 3 days after i had oral/anal sex. Since 3 we...

Q: Any chance of getting a std from a handjob from a massage place? I got one 2 weeks ago, and for some time I feel a li...

Q: Tarted a new pill pack on October 4th (I think I started a few hours late, but less than 24 hours). Had sex on 9th ni...

Q: My husband and I havent had sex in the past 8 months. I'm 30 years old and my husband is 30 as well. Everytime we try...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon