Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Heroin use and Heavy Bleeding with Cramps

Heroin use and Heavy Bleeding with Cramps

Patient: Today I started bleeding very bad with cramping. I’m 19. I have been having unprotected sex with my bf. I didn’t really have a period this month but I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I have almost went thur 3 tampons in 2 hours. I also have need smokin heroin for the past week pretty heavily. I can’t go to the doctor so that’s not an option. Can someone please tell me what could be wrong.

Doctor: A negative pregnancy test does not rule out pregnancy 100%. If you missed your period after having unprotected sex, the chances that you are pregannt are very high, regardless of the fact that the home pregnancy test was negative.Sadly,the heavy bleeding with the cramps that you described may have been due to the loss of the unidentified pregnancy. Heavy use of heroin is strongly related to spontaneous miscarraige, premature birth and decreased birth weight of a baby. If this is the case, the bleeding may take a few days to stop and no other treatment may be required. In the event the bleeding continues for an unusual long period, I would recommend that you visit your family doctor for consultation.A negative pregnancy test does not rule out pregnancy 100%. If you missed your period after having unprotected sex, the chances that you are pregannt are very high, regardless of the fact that the homepregnancy test was negative.Sadly,the heavy bleeding with the cramps that you described may have been due to the loss of the unidentified pregnancy. Heavy use of heroin is strongly related to spontaneous miscarraige, premature birthand decreased birth weight of a baby. If this is the case, the bleeding may take a few days to stop and no other treatment may be required. In the event the bleeding continues for an unusual long period, Irecommend that you visit your family doctor or a walk-in for consultation.