x
Browse
178 Physicians Online

Question:

Herpes and L Arginine

I have herpes and would like to try a product that has L arginine in it to help me with improved sensation on my clitoris. I don't have alot of feeling in that area. Will using L Arginine cream on my clitoris make me have a outbreak of herpes?

Answer:

L-Arginine is an aminoacid present in the proteins of all life forms and commonly used for cardiovascular health, development of lean muscle, and sexual health, L-Arginine is the primary precursor to nitric oxide, a small molecule that is responsible for relaxing blood vessels, therefore increase circulation.
As far as I know, read and research, there is no evidence that link the use of L-arginine and Herpes outbreaks.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA