Herpes and sexual transmitted diseases

Patient : If HSV 2 reads 5 (out of range) but there is no symptoms ( soars) does that mean I'm infected
Herpes and sexual transmitt...-1 Herpes and sexual transmitt...-2 Herpes and sexual transmitt...-3
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, The fact that your HSV2 IgG is raised and more than 5, it indic ates that this is possibly an old infection and the levels of antibodies in the body against HSV2 are high, which is protective in nature against subsequent HSV2 infection. So you presently may not have any infection at all and hence you are presently asymptomatic. In simple terms you are not infected with HSV2 actively at present as you are asymptomatic but the levels depicted are due to possible earlier infection long time back. I hope i have answered your query in detail, Wishing you good health, Regards