Herpes Exposure

Patient

Q: I had sex with someone 15 minutes after theyy had sex with someone that has herpeys do i have herpeus

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible to contract Herpes from having unprotected sex with someone who was recently exposed to the herpes virus. The risk is even greater, if the individual had an active herpes outbreak. We recommend that you monitor your genital area to see if you develop groups inflamed vesicles on the outer surface of the genital area. Such outbreaks need to be evaluated by a doctor and prescription medication can be provided to treat them. This however does not clear the infection as the herpes simplex virus remains dormant in the body for life.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com