Herpes screening question

Q: Hello,

There is something that has been racking my mind lately, I have severe anxiety with all things related to my personal health and I find myself making things worse by endlessly searching online convincing myself I have things I don't actually have. Recently (Past year) I have been good and realizing it is in fact just anxiety so I am trying to squash my concerns once and for all about one thing I cannot seem to escape.

Around Late September 2012 I had intercourse with someone I met at a club unprotected once at night and briefly in the morning which was cut short because I split my foreskin so I started to bleed and it ended the interaction. A couple of days after I did fall quite ill was in bed for a day or so but I was smoking cigarettes/marijuana frequently at the time and thought it might be related to that. At the time I did not take any STD checks since I was uneducated in the matter. But a year later that same partner to whom I only had intercourse with once back on that night in September told me that she did have Herpes at the time we had sex. I immediately got a STD screening (urine/blood) which came up all negative but I was told that this test did not screen for Herpes. So I then called a medical clinic who did test for herpes asked me if I have ever had open sores or irritation which I have never actually had so I told them I had not, and they told me there was no point me actually taking the test if I have had no symptoms since the night it happened. So I took there word for it and assumed everything was fine. I have had unprotected sex twice since then with people I was sure about and they have not come back with any symptoms.

It is now 3 years later I have still never had any symptoms I had my penis inspected by a doctor 6 months ago to check out these dimples under the foreskin which I was told were oil sacks and completely normal and I was told everything else looked fine. But due to my anxiety condition I am still constantly thinking about if I actually do have herpes somehow.

So I would like to confirm with you, is there a point screening for herpes if I don't have symptoms?
If I did in fact catch herpes could I spread it without symptoms is that even possible? I am terrified that this could happen

Symptoms:  None little bit sick after then night it happened