Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hey can any medince cause false preg test?

Hey can any medince cause false preg test?

Patient: Hey can any medince cause false preg test?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Yes, consumption of any drugs containing Hcg can cause false pos itive urine pregnancy test.False-positive test results can occur due to:1.Errors of test application2.Use of drugs containing the hCG molecule (In your case, Dexamethasone and Progesterone are not going to cause this)3. Medications like chlorpromazine, phenothiazines and methadone.4. Liver diseases, cancers like choriocarcinoma.If you are not taking any of the above-mentioned drugs and also you have none of the above-mentioned conditions and if you had an unprotected sexual intercourse, and have missed your periods, and also the pregnancy test done at home is also positive, then most probably you are pregnant.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy