Hey Doc, I’m a 16 year old male taking Cellucor

Patient: Hey Doc, I’m a 16 year old male and I have a question. For the past few months I have been taking an energy supplement before I workout, called cellucor C4. It contains 1500 MG of Beta Alanine, 1000 MG of of Creatine Nitrate and Arginine AKG, and 741 MG of Caffeine Ahydrous. I experienced no side effects except for the usual crash. A week ago I tried a new supplement called Ubervita roct pro, which contains altogether 9000 MG of Caffiene, Schizandra, Beta Alanine, and Creatine Monohydrate. An hour after I took it I experienced paranoia, intense shaking, chills, and a weird feeling in my heart As well as trouble breathing. I visited the ER, but by that time I had calmed down and showed noirregularities. The Doctor said there was no way of knowing what’s going on unless I visit my personal physician, but that will take a few days. Ever since that day I’ve been experiencing the same symptoms but not as severe, am I just experiencing panic attacks or something more? What is your insight on the matter?

Doctor: Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,Caffeine tolerance varies between individuals, but for most people a dose of over 400mg /day may produce some initial symptoms: restlessness, increase heartbeat, and insomnia.Higher dosages can lead to:-Increased blood pressure.-Heart palpitations.-Gastrointestinal disturbance (diarrhea).-Increased urination.-Dizziness, irritability, nausea, nervousness, jitters.-Allergic reactions can include; rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of the (mouth, face, lips, or tongue), diarrhea, shakiness, trouble sleeping, vomiting.-Headache and severe fatigue from withdrawal.-Painful withdrawal symptoms.It is better to consult your doctor, use the supplement which is prescribed by your Doctor.Hope this helps. Wish you good health.