Hey Doctor In January I got my first pep smear

Patient

Q: Hey. Doctor. In January I got my first pep smear. They said I had a bacterial infection. They gave me medicine. I took it. It started to work. I don't think the infection went away. My symptoms are coming back. Its red, and irrated in the vaginal area. It looks swollen in an area. I think I have an UTI or bladder infection. It burns when I pee. I can't get to a doctor so what should I do?

Doctor

It appears that you were treated earlier for cervicitis and bacterial vaginosis. Now when you are experiencing the symptoms again, it is likely that you have a recurrence and the swollen vagina indicates the presence of inflammation in the vaginal mucosa leading to vaginitis. Also, burning micturition is a sign of urinary tract infection. Ideally you should be visiting your physician for a prescription of antibiotics. However till you reach your physician , in the meantime you can try apple vinegar vaginal washes ( 5ml diluted in 250ml of water)for reducing the infection and increase your water intake to flush the urinary infection sooner.
You need to be placed on CAP DOXYCYCLINE 100mg TWICE A DAY FOR 7 DAYS + TAB TINIDAZOLE 500mg twice a day for 7 days + SYP ALKASOL 2 tsp TWICE A DAY FOR 5 DAYS.

Hence a prescription for the same is required from a local Doctor.I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health.