Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hey guys- just need some advice!! 19 female, lost my

Hey guys- just need some advice!! 19 female, lost my

Patient: Hey guys- just need some advice!! 19 female, lost my virginity back in January of this year. About 2-3 weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend 2-3 times in a night. When I went home that night, it burned like hell and kept feeling like I had to pee…symptoms went away the next morning. We did not use a condom that night, but I’m on the pill and he pulled out, So I just figured my vagina was irritated from dryness. Then days on and off after that for about a week it would burn when peeing and it felt super itchy down there. I scheduled an appointment with my gyno. I have no UTI, but she is testing me for chlyamydia. So she gave me medicine for chlamydida (just in case, but I’m almost positive I do not have it) and also for vaginal bacteria. Everything has been fine the past 4-5 days, until I woke up in the middle of the night today and had to pee really bad. I used the bathroom, and immediately after my vagina started acting up again. Feels like I have to pee, but I don’t, and it feels uncomfortable…kind of itchy..hard to explain. And I can’t sleep because of it. Any thoughts? I can’t take these random days of burning/itching/having to pee/being super uncomfortable.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are taking treatment for vaginal infection, now you can follow below measures which can possibly help you:-As you are having pain during micturition, better to undergo urine microscopy examination to rule out urinary tract infection once again.-Taking plenty of oral fluids, at least three liters of water should be taken per day.-Using vaginal antibiotic and antifungal gel with soothing effect like Clingen gel or clinicin gel or candid gel etc with your doctor’s advice.-And completing the antibiotic course prescribed to you.Take care.