Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hey I have a condition called gynecomastia

Hey I have a condition called gynecomastia

Patient: Hey I have a condition called gynecomastiaI’m not fat I’m 21 years old 6’0 172 lbs well tonedAthletic built.I have the puffy nipples and the hard glands in both chestI was wondering if there is anyway I could get rid of it without surgeryI’ve been suffering with the abnormalities for about 7 years now I work out and don’t have any chest fat. It looks normal when my nipples aren’t puffy

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Here are some causes of Gynecomastia:Drugs like Spironolactone, KetoconazoleKidney f ailureLiver diseaseAlcoholismSome tumoursIf you are suffering from any of these, please see a Doctor as soon as possible. This will help you reach a diagnosis and get treated appropriately.I wish you the best.