Hey I have a nasty burn on my arm

Patient

Q: Hey I have a nasty burn on my arm and a little on my face my arm had small clusters of blisters and its starting to run raw and my face I think will be ok

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

From your description, you have got burns on your arms and the face. Any burns in the face falls in the category of severe burns,so it is advisable to visit a general surgeon/plastic surgeon for proper assessment and management of the burn injury otherwise later it can leave permanent hypertrophic scar in the face which can be unsightly.

The blisters as a result of burn injury over your arm can either be first degree or second degree burns in that case silver sulphadiazine ointment for local application, paraffin gauze dressings, iv antibiotics preferably and a good analgesic are required for 10-14 days.

Kindly visit a general surgeon/plastic surgeon and follow his advice

Hope the consultation was beneficial,