Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hey I just recently shaved my pubic hairs

Hey I just recently shaved my pubic hairs

Patient: Hey I just recently shaved my pubic hairs and I keep getting these rash/pimples where I shaved how do I get ride of them?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is folliculitis. It is Bacterial infection of the skin involving Hair follicle.In such cases, I usually advise my patients to take oral antibiotics like cloxacillin or amoxicillin-clavulanic acid combination after ruling out any drug hypersensitivity.Keep the area clean and dry.Visit your Doctor so that he can examine you and give the prescription accordingly.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.