Hey I'm a 22 year old sexually active male A

Patient

Q: Hey. I'm a 22 year old sexually active male. A few months ago I was tested for STDs and everything came out negative - I am clean. In the months preceding this testing I was not sexually active and showed no signs of anything to be concerned over. However, after having sex with somebody for the first time in about a year, I noticed a a red bump on my shaft. The doctor looked at it before doing the tests for STDS and said it was nothing serious. It was shaped kind abnormally and was raised. It was kind of difficult to see unless you are looking for it and was not bothersome. I ended up picking at it and some kind of small, hard white ball came out of it. It bled a little, then scabbed over and healed. But the spot remains there and it actually got a bigger. Another 2 of them grew in no particular order and were originally smaller. My GP told me that they're nothing to worry about and that they don't look like anything serious. He took a really quick look and came to that conclusion quite quickly which was reassuring. However, these bumps do seem to have gotten bigger. They are now clearly visible even from afar if I'm looking in the mirror. They are slightly pink, a shade off a skin color and soft to the touch. If I rub my finger over them going in one direction, they feel smooth, but If I go in the opposite direction I can pretty much grab onto it and feel the tiny hard substance inside there. I don't see any hair follicles attached to the areas Any idea what this can be?

Hey I'm a 22 year old sexua...-1
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

These are typical molluscum contagiosum variant and these are viral in nature. People can get molluscum by sharing towels and clothing. Wrestlers and gymnasts may get it from touching infected mats. Skin-to-skin contact also spreads the virus.
Often the only sign of molluscum is pink or flesh-colored bumps on the skin. These bumps can appear anywhere on the skin. Whenever you can see the bumps on the skin, molluscum contagiosum is contagious.

These bumps often appear about 7 weeks after being exposed to the virus that causes molluscum. Sometimes, the bumps do not appear for many months.They have a surface that feels smooth, waxy, or pearly.

Are flesh-colored or pink.Have a dimple in the center. The dimple may be filled with a thick, white substance that is cheesy or waxy.Are painless, but some bumps itch. Appear on other areas of the body after a person scratches or picks the bumps.

Scratching or picking can spread the virus.
Treatments to treat molluscum contagiosum include:
1. Cryosurgery: The dermatologist freezes the bumps with liquid nitrogen.
2. Curettage: The dermatologist may use a small tool called a curette to scrape the bumps from the skin.
3. Laser surgery: A dermatologist uses a laser to target and destroy the bumps. This can be an effective treatment for people who have a weakened immune system.
4. Topical (applied to the skin) therapy: Your dermatologist can apply various acids and blistering solutions to destroy the bumps. These work by destroying the top layers of the skin. Tricholoracetic acid is often used to treat people who have a weak immune system and many bumps. Imiquimod: This medicine is applied to the bumps. Imiquimod helps your immune system fight the virus. This is strong medicine. It also is used to treat stubborn warts and some skin cancers.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you speedy recovery, Meet your dermatologist soon,