Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hey im melissa and im 17 years old Im loosing

Hey im melissa and im 17 years old Im loosing

Patient: Hey im melissa and im 17 years old. Im loosing all my hair .. Its falling out every day! I used to have thick hair but now its so thin and i dont know what to do! I need help?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the queryHair fall has many causes. Common causes include thyroid dysfunction , anemia, nutritional deficiencies, stress, scalp infections, dandruff, insomnia, hair picking habits, fungal infections, any recent fever or debilitating illness, etcHere are a few tips which may help you1.Drink at least 3 liters of water a day2. Include a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits in your diet3. Avoid oily and junk food4. Keep your hair clean and use an anti-dandruff shampoo with ketoconazole in case of dandruff5. Antioxidants and vitamin supplements help6.Include a lot of proteins and high fibre in the diet7.Avoid stress and avoid smoking and alcohol if you do so8.Daily physical activity for 30 minutes is important9.You may consult a dermatologist for an examination and specific medications in case of any pathology10.Follow a disciplined sleeping pattern and make sure you sleep for at least 8 hours a day11. Get your thyroid hormone and hemoglobin levels tests and treated for the sameHope this helpedIt takes minimum 3 months for new hair growth, hence do not lose hopesRegards.