Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hey so I have had three periods since I have had sex

Hey so I have had three periods since I have had sex

Patient: Hey so I have had three periods since I have had sex. I just want to make that is not possible to be pregnant and have three periods while being pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you got three periods after having the intercourse, if tho se periods were regular with normal flow, the possibility of pregnancy is less.Very rarely, bleeding can be seen in early pregnancy on expected date of periods, as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity.If you want to rule out this rare possibility, please go for an ultrasound once.Take care