Q: Hi Doctor How are you? I am 19 years old and I'm only 5'6" and i want to grow taller so should i use HGH (Sytropin or anything else) or i should any thing else? Pleas help me

A:   According with the data that you provided about your height (5 feet 6”), your weight should be approximately 60kgs, and your age (19 years old), it is not likely that you might have any growth deficiency, growth failure or failure to thrive that has to be treated with GH. Sometimes the short stature may be the normal expression of genetic potential, and it seems to be that is the trend in your family, in which case the growth rate is normal, or it may be the result of a condition that causes growth failure with a lower-than-normal growth rate. Growth failure is the term that describes a growth rate below the appropriate growth velocity for age. Some of the factors of short stature include: parents height (familial short stature), timing of the puberty because with the sexual hormones the epiphysial fusion occurs early, resulting in premature slowing of growth velocity, usually resulting in a short adult height. In your particular case, your epiphysis have closed already, reducing your potential for an additional growth in stature, but your height seems to be normal for your age.