HGH as a Height Enhancement Supplement

Patient

Q: Do growth hormone pills actually make someone taller? Like growth flex pro or super growth?

Doctor

A:    If you do not have any growth deficiency, growth failure or failure to thrive, it is NOT recommended.. Sometimes the short stature may be the normal expression of genetic potential, and you can check that trend in your family. Growth failure is the term that describes a growth rate below the appropriate growth velocity for age. Some of the factors of short stature include: parents height (familial short stature), timing of the puberty because with the sexual hormones the epiphysial fusion occurs early, resulting in premature slowing of growth velocity, usually resulting in a short adult height. In your particular case, your epiphyses have closed already, reducing your potential for an additional growth in stature. Somatropin or HGH (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope, Norditropin, Norditropin Cartridge, Norditropin Nordiflex Pen, Nutropin, Nutropin AQ, Omnitrope, Saizen, Serostim, Tev-tropin, Zorbtive) is used to treat growth failure in children and adults who lack natural growth hormone, and in those with chronic kidney failure, Noonan syndrome, Turner syndrome, short stature at birth with no catch-up growth, and other causes. Somatropin is also used to prevent severe weight loss in people with AIDS, or to treat short bowel syndrome. Possible side effects include: allergic reactions, hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, nausea, vomiting, sweating, fever, fast heartbeat, yellowing of the skin or eyes; sudden and severe pain behind your eyes, vision changes; increased thirst and urination; redness, soreness, swelling, skin rash, itching, pain, or bruising where the medicine was injected. Overdose can cause tremors or shaking, cold sweats, increased hunger, headache, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, fast heartbeat, and nausea. Long-term overdose may cause excessive growth of the jaws, hands, feet  and frontal bones.