HGH Humatrope and a 20 years old male 5ft 10inches stature

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor, I am 20 years old and 5ft 10inches and feel that i am not tall enough when assessed on my parents heights and family trends. Father is 5ft10 and mother 5ft8. I am considering using HGH to see if i can grow extra height height to be the same as my grandfather and uncles who are all over 6ft. I had a 2 inch growth spurt only 4 -6 months ago where my tibia elongated but i dont think there was any increase in femur length or anywhere else. Do you think I will still grow given this information and if not would injecting humatrope or some other hgh help me to grow taller? many thanks for yuour advice i am very concerned about this thank you

Doctor

A:   According with the data that you provided about your height and your age , it is not likely that you might have any growth deficiency, growth failure or failure to thrive. Sometimes the short stature may be the normal expression of genetic potential, and it seems to be that is the trend in your family, in which case the growth rate is normal, or it may be the result of a condition that causes growth failure with a lower-than-normal growth rate.
Growth failure is the term that describes a growth rate below the appropriate growth velocity for age. Some of the factors of short stature include: parents height (familial short stature), timing of the puberty because with the sexual hormones the epiphysial fusion occurs early, resulting in premature slowing of growth velocity, usually resulting in a short adult height. In your particular case, your epiphysis have closed already, reducing your potential for an additional growth in stature, but your height seems to be normal for your age. Somatropin or HGH(Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope, Norditropin, Norditropin Cartridge, Norditropin Nordiflex Pen, Nutropin, Nutropin AQ, Omnitrope, Saizen, Serostim, Tev-tropin, Zorbtive) is used to treat growth failure in children and adults who lack natural growth hormone, and in those with chronic kidney failure, Noonan syndrome, Turner syndrome, short stature at birth with no catch-up growth, and other causes.
Somatropin is also used to prevent severe weight loss in people with AIDS, or to treat short bowel syndrome. Possible side effects include: allergic reactions, hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, nausea, vomiting, sweating, fever, fast heartbeat, yellowing of the skin or eyes; sudden and severe pain behind your eyes, vision changes; increased thirst and urination; redness, soreness, swelling, skin rash, itching, pain, or bruising where the medicine was injected. Overdose can cause tremors or shaking, cold sweats, increased hunger, headache, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, fast heartbeat, and nausea. Long-term overdose may cause excessive growth.