Hi, A couple of nights ago I noticed I had

Patient : Hi, A couple of nights ago I noticed I had just one irritated taste bud. I tried to just scratch it off, didn't do the greatest job however the next morning I woke up to my tongue looking like I had a white tip for a tongue. Now I do smoke cigarettes maybe I burned it? Thank you for your time
Symptoms:  Faint numbness, discoloration
Hi,   A couple of nights ag...-1
Doctor :   HI. Thanks for your query, proper history and clear picture. Read and understood your history of irritating taste bu d which you scratched off and got the white tip. This whiteness is due to severe edema or foreign body granuloma showing its effect of edema or pus formation. I would suggest in such a situation, that you have to get appropriate antibiotic cover and anti-inflammatory medicines, this will settle within a few days. To get a proper examination and to get a proper prescription it is better to consult an ENT or oral surgeon. Hope this helps you.