Hi, A couple of nights ago I noticed I had

Q: Hi,
A couple of nights ago I noticed I had just one irritated taste bud. I tried to just scratch it off, didn't do the greatest job however the next morning I woke up to my tongue looking like I had a white tip for a tongue. Now I do smoke cigarettes maybe I burned it?
Thank you for your time

Symptoms:  Faint numbness, discoloration
Hi,   A couple of nights ag...-1

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query, proper history and clear picture.

Read and understood your history of irritating taste bud which you scratched off and got the white tip. This whiteness is due to severe edema or foreign body granuloma showing its effect of edema or pus formation.

I would suggest in such a situation, that you have to get appropriate antibiotic cover and anti-inflammatory medicines, this will settle within a few days.
To get a proper examination and to get a proper prescription it is better to consult an ENT or oral surgeon.

Hope this helps you.