Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, a few days ago I had light brown discharge

Hi, a few days ago I had light brown discharge

Patient: Hi, a few days ago I had light brown discharge every time I wiped but the next day it was gone? I took a home pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative.I’ve had unprotected sex a number of times during the week I was ovulating, but the test is negative and the discharge is gone so I’m confused?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The discharge could be due to a vaginal infection or ovulatory bleeding. Sometimes in c ase of a pregnancy, it could be an implantation bleeding. It is too early for the pregnancy test. Wait for a week for your cycles and if they do not come on time, do a pregnancy test again to rule out pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards