Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, about a month ago, I fainted and hit my head

Hi, about a month ago, I fainted and hit my head

Patient: Hi, about a month ago, I fainted and hit my head. I went to the emergency room and they said nothing was wrong. I don’t get any headaches now, just on some days when I touch the spot where I got hit, it burns like there’s a scratch there. Should I go to the doctors and have them check it out again or not worry about it?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.You have a wound that has not healed completely. A wound can take up to 12 weeks to heal completely. The healing process can lead to a Keloid. A keloid is an inflammatory growth of the skin over the wound.Wait for a month and if the pain does down, you will be fine. You can also ice the area locally to numb it and reduce the pain.Hope this helps. All the best.