Hi am having mild pain on my arm down to my thumb

Patient: Hi am haveing mild pain on my arm down to my thum it feel like a shocking. Feeling

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The DoctorFollowing are the possibilities:1. Cervical Disc Compression.2. Carpel Tunnel Sy ndrome which is the compression of Median nerve.I would advise you to get following:1. X-ray Cervical spine2. Nerve Conduction Velocity Testing3. Thyroid profile.For Pain I advise following:1. A combination of pain killer like Etoricoxib for pain relief.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.If Carpel Tunnel syndrome is diagnosed on investigations, you would initially be treated with Intralesional Steroid Injection. If not relieved by this, surgery is indicated.Share my opinion with your Doctor, before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy