Welcome to Ask The Doctor
Following are the possibilities:
1. Cervical Disc Compression.
2. Carpel Tunnel Syndrome which is the compression of Median nerve.
I would advise you to get following:
1. X-ray Cervical spine
2. Nerve Conduction Velocity Testing
3. Thyroid profile.
For Pain I advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer like Etoricoxib for pain relief.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
If Carpel Tunnel syndrome is diagnosed on investigations, you would initially be treated with Intralesional Steroid Injection. If not relieved by this, surgery is indicated.
Share my opinion with your Doctor, before you act upon it.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.