Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi am having trouble getting to sleep as my chest

Hi am having trouble getting to sleep as my chest

Patient: Hi am having trouble getting to sleep as my chest is tight,cant get my breath,peak flows are no higher than 250 & advanced practitioner hasn’t given me anything to prevent or relive my symptoms what can I do

Symptoms: Tight chest,short of breath, i do a peak flow i cant get it now higher yhan 250

Doctor: HelloThanks for the queryI understand you are breathless. I can certainly help you about it.Reduced peak flow means that you might be having bronchoconstriction. If you have inhalers with you I suggest you to use them immediately, if you have not been prescribed any then please go to the emergency department immediately as there is the risk of a respiratory arrest.I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to meRegards