Hi, around 6 months back I noticed a little change

Patient

Q: Hi, around 6 months back I noticed a little change in skin color of my foreskin to whitish. When I pull my foreskin back (in non-erect and erect state) sometimes, not always, it pains a little. I don't have phimosis as my foreskin goes back completely. It's only when I start pulling my foreskin back that it pains a little sometimes. I did consult a Urologist and he suggested nothing to worry about it, it's just pigmentation and did not suggest and medicine or cream to use. But my concern is the pain. Why does it pain when I pull my foreskin back? 6 months back I got my complete body health check up and everything was normal except that my thyroid was on borderline for which the doctor suggested to get your thyroid test done after 6 months which is due. So, please advise on this.

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a fungal infection of genitalia. In prolonged infection, the skin gets inflamed with slight swelling of the area leading to painful retraction.
in such cases, I prefer to advise oral antifungals like fluconazole and anti inflammatory drugs like iburofen.
Also topical antifungal like clotrimazole cream and antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent is advised to apply over affected area.
Visit your doctor so that he can do a physical examination and share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.Take care.