Hi been reading and is it true that ibuprofen causes

Patient : Hi been reading and is it true that ibuprofen causes miscarriages
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. According to some studies ibuprofen using women are having a little bit increased risk of miscarriage compared with women who are not using these tablets. But there are no sufficient well-controlled studies regarding this. According to FDA ibuprofen belongs to category c drugs in pregnancy, means animal studies have demonstrated few adverse effects on fetus whereas sufficient human studies are lacking. So, better to choose some other comparatively safe alternatives like plain acetaminophen, which belongs to category B drugs in pregnancy, means animal studies have failed to demonstrate adverse effects on fetus whereas sufficient human studies are lacking. Take care.