Hi , can I take myo inositol with fluxotine (Lovan-

Patient : Hi , can I take myo inositol with fluxotine (Lovan- anti depressant) I've been told it can give you serotonin posining but wasn't sure ..??? It's for fertility as well
Doctor :   Hello Thank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor” Fluoxetine is an antidepressant of SSRI (Serotonin reuptake ake inhibitor) group. Myo-inositol exhibits similar action as SSRI. Hence two drugs taken together may lead to higher level of serotonin. But in my opinion it is hypothetical situation to have serotonin syndrome due to consumption of both, as myo inositol is not a powerful antidepressant. Myo-inositol is a vitamin, available in grains. Myo-inositol is also used in poly cystic ovarian disease. It is always better to get treatment by qualified psychiatrist and adhere to doses. Wish you a good health