November 18, 2018

Hi can strong tabletS interfere with a pregnancy test I

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi can strong tabletS interfere with a pregnancy test I

Patient: Hi can strong tabletS interfere with a pregnancy test I am on gabapentin and morphine I have had 2 tests done both negative I am having all the symptoms I have not had a period since 17th feb

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is unlikely that the medicines you are on can lead to false reporting of a pregnancy test. However, you can get a beta hCG test done which is a blood test and more specific test in predicting a pregnancy followed by an ultrasound to confirm the same.See a gynecologist with your reports and for further treatment plan.Hope this helped.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No