Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, can you give the truth about how I should

Hi, can you give the truth about how I should

Patient: Hi, can you give the truth about how I should go about curing premature ejaculation?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.We need to first ascertain the cause of premature ejaculation. Diabetes, hypertension, excessive masturbation, smoking, alcohol, excessive mental stress, lack of sleep, psychological disturbances, not sharing a comfort level with your partner and a prolonged foreplay could all be known causes. You may have to see a doctor and undergo a thorough examination with investigations to rule out the above causes and get it treated accordingly. Meanwhile, use condoms which are meant to prolong the sexual performance and prevent premature ejaculation. Talk to your partner and try master and johnson technique wherein the female part has a role to play in delaying ejaculation. Consult a psychiatrist for couple counselling and specific techniques to help you better.Hope this helped.Regards