Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi doc, i have been having constant headaches for a

Hi doc, i have been having constant headaches for a

Patient: Hi doc, i have been having constant headaches for a week now. Last night my husband noticed a large lump on my lower neck, in the backside. Should i be worried ? It doesnt hurt. Ive just had constant headaches.

Symptoms: Constant mild headaches and upper back pain

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Headache with a lump on the back of your neck will need an evaluation. Any tumor in t he neck or a lymph node enlargement can compress the neurovascular bundle and cause a headache. It can lead to raised intracranial pressure and cause headache.Kindly consult a neurologist for an examination and specific investigations to rule out the above causes and treat you accordingly.Hope this was helpful.Regards