Hi doc, I have sinus infection and I swim a

Patient

Q: Hi doc,
I have sinus infection and I swim a lot. But when I go inside water and swim, i feel like some water interning my nose and going straight into my pharynx and swallow it even when I don't breath under water. Please reply if the sinus infection is the reason or what.
Thanks you so much

Doctor

It is common to swallow water and unknowingly water enters the air pipe and the throat and you are bound to swallow it. A persisting sinusitis is not a direct cause for it, however, the nose block can cause obstruction in breathing by nose and holding back the breath, which forces the oral orifice or mouth to swallow the air along with water. Try holding your breath for long and control the same without swallowing water by mouth. You will only learn it by practice.

Hope this helped.