Hi Doc, Im 24 years old and I’ve been with the

Patient: Hi Doc,Im 24 years old and I’ve been with the same guy for almost 3 Years. We recently went on a break and now we are back together. The problem is while on that break I had sex with two other guys. One was drunken sex while I was intoxicated and and I DONT think he used protection and the other time I slept with my highschool sweetheart the condom broke. I took plan b the first time but now I have a pap smear and I already took plan b once this month and I have to take it again. It’s already been 72 hours and I haven’t been able to go to any place because theyre sold out completely. I need to take it but of I take it twice In a month will it cause me to have an abnormal pap and if I take it past 72 hours will it still work? Should I cancel my appointment tomorrow? And also my friend took plan be 4 times in 2 months will she be ok?I plan on getting back on a regular birth control but the closest planned parenthood is 2 hours away. I’m going to talk to my doc about it. I’m just worried and anxious please help! I DONT want to be pregnant OR have an abnormal pap!

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.Plan B , that is emergenc y contraceptive pill should be used only in case of emergency and not as a regular contraceptive. It should be taken immediately after unplanned and unprotected sexual intercourse and maximum within 72 hours. Since the maximum time to take in your case has elapsed, there is no point in taking it. One can take it second time also like in your case, to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Now as far as your pap smear is concerned, it should not affect it much, but let your doctor know this history.As far as pregnancy is concerned, you have to just wait and watch. In case, you miss your periods, you should get a urine pregnancy test done at home after 10 days of missing the periods. However, let me bring it to your notice, that one can have irregular periods, after consumption of emergency contraceptive pill.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy