Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi Doc! Me and my bf had sex on Feb 9th. I took Nordette.

Hi Doc! Me and my bf had sex on Feb 9th. I took Nordette.

Patient: Hi Doc! Me and my bf had sex on Feb. 9 but he didnt ejaculate inside me. However, after few mins break, he put his penis inside me again w/o condom, now we thought what if theres still a cum left and that spilled inside me. I took Nordette on Feb. 11 2 days later and the 2nd dose 12 hrs after. On Feb. 12 my bf flew back to Malaysia and I missed him so I masturbated on Feb 13 or 14 I forgot the exact date. Can I get pregnant from masturbation since lets say theres a cum spilled inside me on Feb. 9? Its been 8 days since I took Nordette and my period doesnt come yet, anyway, my regular period is on 20 Im afraid what if it wont come tomorrow. What am I gonna do? Thanks.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you took the emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of the intercourse the possibility of pregnancy is less.Usually, spermatozoa cannot survive after ejaculation for a long period.After taking emergency contraceptive pills, it may take around 7 to 10 days for the onset of withdrawal bleeding.So, better to wait for few more days.If you do not get bleeding even after 3 to 4 days, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Hooe this helps.Take care.