Hi Doc! Me and my bf had sex on Feb 9th. I took Nordette.

Patient

Q: Hi Doc! Me and my bf had sex on Feb. 9 but he didnt ejaculate inside me. However, after few mins break, he put his penis inside me again w/o condom, now we thought what if theres still a cum left and that spilled inside me. I took Nordette on Feb. 11 2 days later and the 2nd dose 12 hrs after. On Feb. 12 my bf flew back to Malaysia and I missed him so I masturbated on Feb 13 or 14 I forgot the exact date. Can I get pregnant from masturbation since lets say theres a cum spilled inside me on Feb. 9? Its been 8 days since I took Nordette and my period doesnt come yet, anyway, my regular period is on 20 Im afraid what if it wont come tomorrow. What am I gonna do? Thanks.

Doctor

A:   Hi,

As you took the emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of the intercourse the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Usually, spermatozoa cannot survive after ejaculation for a long period.
After taking emergency contraceptive pills, it may take around 7 to 10 days for the onset of withdrawal bleeding.
So, better to wait for few more days.
If you do not get bleeding even after 3 to 4 days, please go for urine pregnancy test once.

Hooe this helps.
Take care.