Hi doc This is Hingshu for Bangladesh I am

Patient : Hi doc .. This is Hingshu for Bangladesh. I am anmale and 24 now. I have a deformity called pectus carinatum which i learned from internet. Bones of right side of chest is higher than the left side. I was probably 12 when this started to happen and eventually it has gone upish over time. I never went to a doctor because i felt shame for this. But now i realize what a mistake i have done. I could be treated with brace. Now is there any treatment for it other than operation. I have attached images of my chest.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Last year I was at a hospital in California. I went because I was having an adverse reaction to escitalopram, and I b...

Q: I recently had a stress echocardiogram which thankfully came back normal. Prior to this I was exhibiting Angina like ...

Q: Hello, my mom (age 54) is recently diagnosed with heart condition with plaque build up at three locations. One on lef...

Q: I am a 56 year old who until recently had a relatively stable bicuspid aortic valve. I have no symptoms but my regu...

Q: Hi, I have a couple months ago been diagnosed with left ventricle hypertrophy. They told me to take Losartan 50mg per...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon