Hi doctor I did my ivf on 16th Feb2015

Patient

Q: Hi doctor.. I did my ivf on 16th Feb2015. After 14 days of transfer my bhcg level was 23.8.then after two days it was 42.8. Even i did home pregnancy test n it was a positive.So again we did bhcg after a week n the bhcg was 397.8(22 days) but the next day I just saw blood on the underwear n I was very worried ..what is it going on ..please help me doctor... Need ur suggestions...

Doctor

Thanks for the query,

The pregnancies following IVF procedure have to be supported with progesterone tablets following embryo transfer. Your hCG levels indicate a healthy rise and a viable growing pregnancy. The presence of spotting may occur during implantation of the embryo to uterus which is often seen, but the best way to tackle it is to follow bed rest for at least 3 days and a day after the bleeding has stopped completely. This has to be accompanied by progesterone support throughout for at least 14 weeks with micronized progesterone 200mg twice a day to start with for 6 weeks and then once a day till 14th week of gestation. Please follow bed rest strictly.