Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi Doctor, I have trouble swallowing my food 

Hi Doctor, I have trouble swallowing my food 

Patient: Hi Doctor, I have trouble swallowing my food. It feels like the food I swallow doesn’t travel down the throat smoothly but it seems to touch the walls of the stomach once I swallow and I can feel stomach pain. It’s like pain around the back of my stomach . It’s been about 2 days and I feel gases coming up every now and then

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Feeling of pain and touch of the food in the stomach is an indication of gastritis of whats oever nature.I would advise you to take Ranitidine or PPI.AntacidsBland dietsmall frequent mealsKeep away from stress and anxietyConsult a Gastroenterologist so that Upper GI Endoscopy can be planned ASAP.Relevant blood, stool and urine tests.Proper treatment as per the investigations and clinical evaluation by a Gastroenterologist.Complete the courses, do not stop treatment in between.I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.