Hi doctor , i take 320 mg of saw palmetto

Patient

Q: Hi doctor , i take 320 mg of saw palmetto daily for enlarge prostate , also a multi vitamins capsule once daily for the hair . Will the multi vitamin interferes in any way with the effect of saw palmetto ?
Multi vitamins contains silica , zinc , copper , biotin, iron, B vitamins, selenium, L-Cysteine, L-Methionine and vitamin D ) . Thank you

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

Taking 320 mg of saw palmetto daily for 2 months before prostate surgery can reduce the time spent in surgery, blood loss, the development of problems during surgery, and the total time spent in the hospital. Some early research found that saw palmetto can improve prostate swelling symptoms. Other early research found that taking saw palmetto, selenium, and lycopene, but not saw palmetto alone, can improve symptoms of prostate swelling and chronic pelvic pain syndrome.

So as seen that saw palmetto is a supplement in itself and has been showing promising results and the usage is oral, hence the concomitant use of other multivitamin capsules shouldn't cause a hindrance in the bioavailability of saw palmetto to the body at all. Infant it is as mentioned above known to work more effectively along with minerals and multivitamins as compared to alone.

So you may safely consume them together.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,