Hi Doctor, I would truly appreciate it if you can help

Patient : Hi Doctor, I would truly appreciate it if you can help me. On the top of my mothers back ( upper back), theres like a big bubble i dont know what it is. Its like swollen for a long time and nothing on the outer layer of the skin its like from the inside Can you please help me tell me what to do to get rid of it ? I can send you a picture so you have better understanding after you reply. Thank you for your time
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is Lipoma. It is asy mptomatic fat containing swelling present in the skin. it is freely mobile and firm to touch. It can be left as such with no harm or can be removed by excision if cosmetically concerned. Visit your Doctor so that he can examine and advise you accordingly. You can share my opinion with him. I hope It helps. Take care.

Related Q&A

Q: I have pain in my shins after being on my feet for a while. The orthopedist thought it was sciatica, but my primary d...

Q: Is upper back pain normal with strept throat ?

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon