Hi Doctor Recently my joints have started 'crunching' and hurt

Patient

Q: Hi Doctor. Recently my joints have started 'crunching' and hurt when they do, especially my knees. Also i have shortness of breath even when doing simple tasks such as drinking water. I have noticed my breasts look a little different too, like they seem to be puckering. I am 28, should i be worried

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

You might have developed Knee Osteoarthritis which is a wear and tear of the joints because of Excessive weight on weight-bearing joints. This mostly occurs with advancing age, but these days it’s not uncommon to find it in young obese individuals.
I would advise you to get Hemogram, X-ray Knee Joint, Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels, ESR, CRP
For osteoarthritis, I would advise you to practice knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises and to do hot fomentation of the knee. You can apply diclofenac ointment locally. You can take Pain killers like Diclofenac only if the pain is severe and there are no contraindications for their use.
If you are overweight, you should also start working for weight loss. You should start exercising. Just avoid using a treadmill. Cycling and swimming are wonderful options for you for weight reduction without damaging and stressing these joints.
No medicines are found to be very effective in helping to build the cartilage back. However, Chondroitin sulphate and Glucosamine can be used. However, have not shown any benefit in trials.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy