Hi Doctor, Well I’m a 21 yr male and I’ve

Patient: Hi Doctor,Well I’m a 21 yr male and I’ve been having frequent urination since more than one year now. I’ve been to many physicians and some have told me its an urinary infection and others told me its due to stress. I’ve taken antibiotics given by the physicians and in the early stage I think the medications were doing their job cause my urge to go to the bathroom lessened quite a little but afterwards it became the same and the antibiotics didn’t have any effect. I now have to get to the bathroom every 10 mins.I’ve also got some joint problems (since more than one year also). There’s some swelling almost everyday on my knees, ankles, shoulders, wrists and forearms. There’s not much pain but my joints seem to be a little weak and crack a lot.I’ve been to another physician recently and done an X-Ray and some blood tests: Haemoglobin 14.4 g/dl. He does not seem to find anything wrong in me either but I’ve been prescribed some other drugs: Respas-10-(Dicyclomine Hydrochloride Tablets) and Ultraflox-500.Are these prescriptions good, will they not affect my joints in any way?

Symptoms: Frequent urination, joint swelling

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Urinary tract infection, and a ny Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) needs evaluation of the cause, so that you don’t get the repeat episodes. The most common causes of UTI are Diabetes, Stones in renal tract and Sexually transmitted. You need to get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Urine culture. No antibiotics should be started before giving a sample of urine culture, otherwise the report can be affected. If any stone is found you would be treated based on size, site of stone. If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report. If you have any ongoing fever, you doctor would take your urine for culture and sensitivity and will start you on antibiotics that would be modified based on the culture report. You should drink plenty of water.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts