October 17, 2018

Hi doctor why when I sleep on my stomach I spot from the vagina

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi doctor why when I sleep on my stomach I spot from the vagina

Patient: Hi doctor why when I sleep on my stomach I spot from my vagina can I be pregnant ?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Spotting from vagina may not be due to sleeping in the prone position. Intermenstrual spotting can be seen due to causes like hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion, cervical polyp, post-coital bleeding, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding etc.If the spotting persists or repeats better to consult Gynecologist once and get examined.By an examination and ultrasound, the possibility of pregnancy or any other possible cause of spotting can be identified and management can be planned according to the cause of your problem.Hope this helps.Take care.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No

×
Show

×
Show

Sponsored Ad