Hi Doctor(s), I'm a 22 year old male and a

Patient

Q: Hi Doctor(s),

I'm a 22 year old male and a non-smoker. I'm not sure if I have strep throat, but I've been coughing for a week now. The sore throat happened when I started talking too much without drinking water. Then there was a sharp pain behind my throat and I started drinking more water. But, that didn't help soothe the pain. The next day I had body aches and a major headache. I started coughing throughout the week, swallowing was difficult, and my tongue became white. Only yesterday, my left eye became red and blood vessels were visible but there is no pain at all. My right ear was starting to hurt as if pressure was building up inside just like the moment you land on an airplane; as a result, my whole right side of the face was in pain from the head to the chin. I ate amoxicillin, tylenol, and ibuprofen, but nothing has helped. I'm still coughing, my nose is still stuffy like I have a cold, but I never get fevers anymore (even when I have a cold or anything else), my right ear is still clogged but the pain has subsided, swallowing still hurts, and my phlegm is dark yellow and this morning I saw blood. What is happening to me and is this a situation that deserves medical attention? Thank you!

Symptoms:  Nonstop coughing x 1 week, difficulty swallowing x 1 week, stuffy nose like I have a cold, right ear pain x 1 day, white tongue, a sore on bottom of tongue x 2 weeks, body ache, no fever, left eye shows many blood vessels but no pain.
Doctor