Hi for about the last 3 months, I get a

Patient

Q: Hi for about the last 3 months, I get a very sore red foreskin, after a day or so the redness and soreness subsides and then I am left with dry skin for about a week. After that it goes away but two to three weeks later it's back. Any ideas?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, it seems that you are suffering from Candidal balanoposthitis. Candidal balanoposthitis is a fungal infection of the genital area.
I will advise you to get your blood sugar levels done.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream over he affected area.
For itch, you may take antihistaminics like Levocetirizine.
Keep the area clean and dry.
Treatment of partner is also done in such cases.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Take care.