Hi, had an eptopic pregnancy n the doc said she only took one tube.

Q: Hibi had an eptopic pregnancy n the doc said she only took one tube thatbwas four years ago n i still havent gottwn pregnant so can u tell me.if i have three scars on my belly is she lieing to me???

A:   Hi,

Many factors influence the possibility of pregnancy.
Usually in ectopic pregnancy, the affected tube only will be removed.
Three scars on the abdomen could be due to ports during a laparoscopic procedure.
Generally monthly ovulation occurs from alternate ovaries. Means if right side ovary releases an ovum in the present month, next month left side ovary releases.
Usually, pregnancy is possible when the ovum releases from the ovary besides the patent tube.
As you are not able to conceive since four years, better to get evaluated.
By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, hysterosalpingography, semen analysis of the husband etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Take care.